Fitness & Exercise
Marco Island is the perfect place to wind down and relax. Yoga is a great way to clear your airways, sharpen your mind, regulate stress, and ease those aches and pains. Add a couple of sessions into your visit here and you may walk down Collier Blvd. feeling like a new person.
On the Beach – South Beach
This is an all-levels class that lasts one hour. They meet at the south end of the beach, just south of the Apollo Condominium and Sunset Grill. Bring a yoga mat or a beach towel. Cost is by donation, they suggest $10. Thursday-Sunday 8:30 am. Additional days and times in season.
Fitness Clubs & Gyms
No matter what your exercise regime looks like, from easy to serious, we have it all. From local gyms to competitive foot races, get your body pumping. Feel great, shape up, and get a tan while you do it!
Explore Marco Island on your rental bike. Whether cruiser, street race bike or an E-bike, you can rent your choice of bike for an hour, a day, a week. Get out and see what Marco Island really looks like.
- Marco Fun - https://www.marcofun.com/
- Island Bike Shop - https://islandbikeshops.com/
- Marco Island Bike Rentals - https://marcoislandbikerentals.com/
Treat yourself to a guided tour of the island by a certified naturalist.
Tennis, Pickleball, and Racquetball:
We have tennis and pickleball with numerous courts and competitive yet friendly leagues. Whatever level of play you bring, remember to bring a smile, and meet new friends.
- City of Marco Island Racquet Center – https://www.cityofmarcoisland.com/parksrec/page/racquet-center
- Marco Island YMCA - https://ymcacollier.org/tennis.html
- Naples Pickleball Center “Pickleball Capital of the World” https://naplespickleballcenter.info/
Walking and Running:
Biking, running or walking along the palm tree lined streets of Marco Island is a popular activity for our locals and our visitors. With many of the sidewalks at 8 feet wide, you and your neighbors have plenty of space. During your walks you will see all different forms of exotic wildlife and beautiful tropical plants.
- Mackle Park – Located in the center of the island at Andalusia and Heathwood, this beautiful park has approximately one mile of paved walkways around a small 10 acre lake. https://www.cityofmarcoisland.com/parksrec/page/frank-e-mackle-park
- Race Smith http://www.racesmith.com/
- Gulf Coast Runners http://www.gcrunner.org/